- Phone number
- Address of residence
- Your personal preferences: what you like, what you are looking for, what interests you, whether you have children or need a loan.
GDPR aims to ensure that citizens’ data are properly protected. To achieve that, it introduces draconian penalties for companies which do not fulfill the obligations imposed on them. How will you benefit from the introduced changes?
- You can easily access your data – you can write to the company requesting information on what data it has about you. If you want to transfer your data, e.g. from one service provider to another, it should be a piece of cake.
- Your data is protected – data controllers are obliged to report any infringements concerning data protection.
- Companies are obliged to implement appropriate security measures – they will better protect your data from unauthorized use. With the security measures, data processing should be limited to the necessary minimum.
- Your children will be safe – all consents for data processing of individuals under 16 years of age have to be given by their parent or legal guardian. Otherwise, the data are obtained in violation of the Regulation and you can demand that they be removed.